You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-04 15:43:51

archifer
Member
Registered: 2019-07-08
Posts: 49

[SOLVED] Budgie desktop overlay window

I'm trying to switch from Cinnamon to Budgie as it is more speedy for me but I have this weird overlay window like on the photo snap https://imgur.com/a/R9fNtqC

When I take a screenshot this overlay window is invisible on picture, I can only capture it live.

Is this some misconfiguration?

I have run xwininfo and clicked on it that is result

xwininfo: Window id: 0xe00015 "antler-keyboard"

  Absolute upper-left X:  676
  Absolute upper-left Y:  556
  Relative upper-left X:  676
  Relative upper-left Y:  556
  Width: 481
  Height: 180
  Depth: 24
  Visual: 0x3a6
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0xe00014 (not installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: yes
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: yes
  Corners:  +676+556  -763+556  -763-344  +676-344
  -geometry 481x180+676+556

And I could killed it with xkill then. But it appears again.

Last edited by archifer (2019-12-12 11:47:11)

Offline

#2 2019-12-04 15:57:15

archifer
Member
Registered: 2019-07-08
Posts: 49

Re: [SOLVED] Budgie desktop overlay window

I managed to find a solution on stack overflow it was recommended to disable or remove caribou process so I just removed it

sudo pacman -Rdd caribou

Now it's fine.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB