You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-05 17:47:28

charlie
Member
Registered: 2013-09-18
Posts: 57

Latest cuda/tensorflow update seems to break tensorflow on my system

Today I have just upgraded my system with `pacman -Syu`. There was a message about replacing python-gast with python-gast02 (apparently needed for the latest version of TF). After upgrading, I restarted my computer and tested TF on one of my programs. This failed with an error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'opt_einsum'

I really need tensorflow to work so I immediately downgraded any module that could be related to tensorflow. After doing that (and restarting the computer) the TF test program mentioned above worked fine (as it used to).

Here is the list of the downgraded packages (from the pacman log of the upgrade) - also I removed python-gast02 and reinstalled python-gast - :

[2019-12-05T16:45:35+0000] [ALPM] removed python-gast (0.3.2-3)
[2019-12-05T16:48:10+0000] [ALPM] upgraded cuda (10.1.243-2 -> 10.2.89-1)
[2019-12-05T16:49:09+0000] [ALPM] upgraded pycuda-headers (2019.1.2-3 -> 2019.1.2-4)
[2019-12-05T16:49:09+0000] [ALPM] upgraded python-pycuda (2019.1.2-3 -> 2019.1.2-4)
[2019-12-05T16:50:24+0000] [ALPM] upgraded python-pytorch-cuda (1.3.1-3 -> 1.3.1-4)
[2019-12-05T16:51:38+0000] [ALPM] upgraded tensorflow-cuda (2.0.0-6 -> 2.1.0rc0-1)
[2019-12-05T16:51:38+0000] [ALPM] installed python-gast02 (0.2.2-1)
[2019-12-05T16:52:18+0000] [ALPM] upgraded python-tensorflow-cuda (2.0.0-6 -> 2.1.0rc0-1)

Not sure which one is responsible for the issue. Anybody else has an issue with the latest update?

Offline

#2 2019-12-05 19:33:57

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: Latest cuda/tensorflow update seems to break tensorflow on my system

Offline

#3 2019-12-05 22:42:42

charlie
Member
Registered: 2013-09-18
Posts: 57

Re: Latest cuda/tensorflow update seems to break tensorflow on my system

I see, could have checked that on bugs.archlinux smile Thanks for the link!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB