You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-10 10:08:16

LeonLars
Member
Registered: 2019-12-10
Posts: 2

Small glyphs is the status bar.

Hi. I've compiled slstatus with minor configurations in config.h and I also added glyphs there  ⬆ ⬇ for the network speed indicator. First time I ran it was fine, but when i rebooted the glyphs became much smaller.
I've read about fontconfig and .XResources, but i still don't understand what I'm suppose to do to fix this.
The snippet i changed:

static const struct arg args[] = {
	/* function format          argument */
	{ netspeed_tx, "%s⬆", "enp3s0"},
	{ netspeed_rx, "⬇%s Mb/s|", "enp3s0"},
	{ load_avg, "%s"},
	{ cpu_perc, "·%s%·"},
	{ entropy, "%s|"},
	{ ram_used, "%s/"},
	{ ram_total, "%s Gb|"},
	{ disk_used, "%s/", "/"},
	{ disk_total, "%s Gb|", "/"},
	{ keymap, "[%s]"},
	{ datetime, "·%s ",           "%F %T" },
};

Glyphs

Offline

#2 2019-12-10 10:16:14

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op
From: The intertubes
Registered: 2004-11-07
Posts: 4,097

Re: Small glyphs is the status bar.

Change to a font that has larger variants of them?

Edit: I assume you did more than just reboot, like installing some other fonts before you rebooted.

Last edited by Mr.Elendig (2019-12-10 10:18:29)


Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Offline

#3 2019-12-10 19:57:42

LeonLars
Member
Registered: 2019-12-10
Posts: 2

Re: Small glyphs is the status bar.

Mr.Elendig wrote:

Change to a font that has larger variants of them?

Hello Mr.Elendig.
Can i change font exactly for this glyphs or i need to change for everything else also? And how do i do it?

Mr.Elendig wrote:

Edit: I assume you did more than just reboot, like installing some other fonts before you rebooted.

Yeah, i've remembered, i did install ttf-droid, but still i don't think it's a good practice to delete font to get the one you need, so i'd like to figure out how to change it.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB