You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-13 16:11:47

AndreVallestero
Member
Registered: 2019-02-16
Posts: 4

Can't open display: :0

I had this error earlier today. I couldn't find any solutions that worked however I found the source of the problem and a fix.

My particular problem was because I am using a wayland environement (sway) and trying to run electron applications under xwayland which resulted in the error.

To fix this I changed set `DISPLAY=":1"` and removed `GDK_BACKEND="wayland"` which I had exported in my `.bash_profile`.

Offline

#2 2019-12-13 16:24:48

CarbonChauvinist
Member
Registered: 2012-06-16
Posts: 413
Website

Re: Can't open display: :0

This is mentioned in the WIKI and quoted below, you shouldn't have to manually set the display like you did TMK though.

Cannot open display: :0 with Electron-based applications
Make sure you haven't set GDK_BACKEND=wayland. Setting it globally will break Electron apps.


"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB