You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-13 19:52:30

sev7en
Member
Registered: 2019-12-13
Posts: 6

Arch and... VLC for building.

Good morning,
I asking you support about an issue found building a VLC version by myself.

I followed all the steps in the wiki but the problem after launching the make I guess it's the top notch updates of Arch.

The operation of make stops as ***protoc system version 3.10.1 and required version 3.1.0 do not match. Stop"



How can I fix it?



Thanks,

Offline

#2 2019-12-13 20:35:38

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

Which version are you trying to build?
Can you build it successfully using the PKGBUILD?


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#3 2019-12-13 20:53:44

sev7en
Member
Registered: 2019-12-13
Posts: 6

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

Slithery wrote:

Which version are you trying to build?
Can you build it successfully using the PKGBUILD?

First of all thanks for your support, If I run configure --help for query, it is VLC 4.0.0-dev

mmh no I haven't tried PKGBUILD yet, can please tell me about?

The target should be the android arm-v8a

Offline

#4 2019-12-13 22:00:05

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

https://archlinuxarm.org/

Probably need to talk with these folks.

Offline

#5 2019-12-13 22:01:24

sev7en
Member
Registered: 2019-12-13
Posts: 6

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

Zod wrote:

https://archlinuxarm.org/

Probably need to talk with these folks.

Thank you but I am building it from an x86... it is here the issue about the package.

Last edited by sev7en (2019-12-13 22:15:21)

Offline

#6 2019-12-14 14:24:51

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,464

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

If you're cross-compiling you definitely want to talk to the archlinux arm people.


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#7 2019-12-14 14:32:47

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: Arch and... VLC for building.

Or you would need to provide much more details about cross compilation build environment.
Such as which packages are providing the toolchain or is that built locally without using makepkg.
The same for each dependency of vlc.  Plus the full output from ./configure and make.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB