You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi all,
This is my first time posting here. I've been using arch for a couple months now on my laptops and I have really enjoyed it.
I recently installed arch on my desktop and my monitors HDMI audio output sounds horribly distorted and is completely unusable. My audio output sounds normal when using headphones though.
I've tried adding "tsched=0" /etc/pulse/default.pa after "load-module module-udev-detect" as recommended in the wiki's pulseaudio troubleshooting page.
My output device is HDMI/DisplayPort2 - GP104 High Definition Audio Controller
Thank you for any help!
Last edited by bananabob (2019-12-14 20:29:45)
Offline
Same problem here since latest system upgrade today. Downgrade to last nvidia driver 440.36 did'nt help.
Offline
Is is also distorted w/o PA (just alsa)?
Offline
It is a bug. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205855 If you revert to the previous kernel the sound will be fine.
Offline
It is a bug. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205855 If you revert to the previous kernel the sound will be fine.
That works, thanks!
Last edited by cooljay032 (2019-12-15 10:56:45)
Offline
It is a bug. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205855 If you revert to the previous kernel the sound will be fine.
Worked, thanks!!
Offline
It is a bug. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205855 If you revert to the previous kernel the sound will be fine.
Thanks you for giving the link to the relevant bug : I had already reverted to a previous kernel but was looking if this regression was already reported ![]()
Acta, Non Verba
Offline
The patch from the report above seems to be merged. The linux-5.4.4.arch1-1 package, currently in testing, fixed it for me.
Last edited by justasug (2019-12-18 18:02:47)
Offline
Fixed for me too.
Offline
Pages: 1