You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-18 15:14:27

MerryChristmas2019
Member
Registered: 2019-12-17
Posts: 9

[Solved] Archlinux install in KVM on a Centos 7 server recommendations

Hello everyone. I am going to install archlinux in KVM on centos 7.

I have installed KVM on centos 7 and it is running. Now I am ready to install archlinux.

Does anyone know of any guides for doing an install on a centos 7 KVM?

Thanks

Last edited by MerryChristmas2019 (2019-12-19 04:51:32)

Offline

#2 2019-12-18 15:26:24

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
From: :wq
Registered: 2008-12-01
Posts: 10,734
Website

Offline

#3 2019-12-18 15:53:37

MerryChristmas2019
Member
Registered: 2019-12-17
Posts: 9

Re: [Solved] Archlinux install in KVM on a Centos 7 server recommendations

Thanks for this and Yes I have seen these Wiki's. I am doing an archlinux install on kvm. I installed my KVM on Centos 7. I was told that installing archlinux on a kvm was possible but I do not see any guides. I have the KVM installed and is now running on my server. My server is accessible through ssh because it is an actual server and not a virtual one if that makes any difference to you.

Any guides that would be directly on point would be beneficial to me, but these wiki articles do not delve into the specifics of installation.


Thanks

Last edited by MerryChristmas2019 (2019-12-18 15:54:37)

Offline

#4 2019-12-18 15:56:19

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: [Solved] Archlinux install in KVM on a Centos 7 server recommendations

The installation guide that graysky linked to earlier is the only supported method.
All the information you need can be found in the wiki.


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#5 2019-12-18 15:59:49

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,526
Website

Re: [Solved] Archlinux install in KVM on a Centos 7 server recommendations

There is nothing special about your situation.  If you want to install arch linux, follow the instructions for installing arch linux.  That's it.

If you run into challenges while following the installation guide, feel free to ask for clarification, but do not expect to be spoon fed the instructions that are already well polished and readily available in the above linked page.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#6 2019-12-18 16:02:18

MerryChristmas2019
Member
Registered: 2019-12-17
Posts: 9

Re: [Solved] Archlinux install in KVM on a Centos 7 server recommendations

Slithery wrote:

The installation guide that graysky linked to earlier is the only supported method.
All the information you need can be found in the wiki.

Ok then If this is what is available then I will get started.

Thanks

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB