You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-18 23:45:52

sourworms
Member
Registered: 2019-12-12
Posts: 4
Website

New hostname varient every connection to wifi or ethernet

Every time I connect to my network, whether it be wireless or wired, a new hostname variant is created. My hostname is simply 'arch', and every connection creates a new 'arch'; arch-2, arch-3 etc. I confirmed this by checking my gateway, looking at my disconnected devices, and seeing about 84 separate entries. Why is this happening? How do I stop this from happening? Sorry if this is a very simple question with a stupid answer, I am still a beginner.


An interviewer asked a programmer, "What makes bad code?". The programmer replied, "No comment."

Offline

#2 2019-12-19 00:02:48

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: New hostname varient every connection to wifi or ethernet

Is this the actual machine hostname that's changing or just the lease on your router?


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#3 2019-12-19 00:03:24

sourworms
Member
Registered: 2019-12-12
Posts: 4
Website

Re: New hostname varient every connection to wifi or ethernet

Just on my router.


An interviewer asked a programmer, "What makes bad code?". The programmer replied, "No comment."

Offline

#4 2019-12-19 00:47:49

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: New hostname varient every connection to wifi or ethernet

What network service if any does that system use?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB