You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-19 00:12:05

savi2
Member
Registered: 2019-12-19
Posts: 1

NetworkManager not starting

My Wireless and Ethernet connection stopped working. I checked the NetworkManager logs and got the following error:
NetworkManager: ../NetworkManager/shared/n-dhcp4/src/n-dhcp4-client.c:684: n_dhcp4_client_dispatch: Assertion `c_assert_result && "r < _N_DHCP4_E_INTERNAL"' failed.

I tried to reinstall NetworkManager unsuccessfully, now it does not start:
NetworkManager.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.

I tried searching the documentation and the internet but to no avail sad

Offline

#2 2019-12-19 07:41:47

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,156

Re: NetworkManager not starting

I tried to reinstall NetworkManager unsuccessfully

What does that actually mean? Did you conduct a partial update?
Run "pacman -Syu", if that doesn't help, check "man coredumpctl" and post the NM coredump(s)

The original error seems to have been in NMs dhcp client (though possibly triggered by some more partial updates?): https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … HCP_client

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB