You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-21 18:20:45

erfanjoker
Website

set 3.5mm jack port to input-only

I have a laptop with a single 3.5mm jack port unlike some other laptops that have 2 separate jack ports for input/output, but mine is single and by default it is configured by pulseaudio to output-only, which means even if i connect a microphone to my laptop using that jack port, it detects it as a headphone and tries to output the sound into it instead of getting sound from it

i have tried to open pavucontrol, In the configuration tab i see Two items :

1- Build-In Audio
profile: Analog Stereo Duplex

2- Build-In Audio
profile: Analog Stereo Duplex

they both are the same but the second one is fake or i dont know what ! because it is not working or it has no effect on the system, i have tried to change profiles and i changed the second ones profiles and nothing happened to my sound input/output

but when i changed profile for the first one and put it into Analog Stereo Input, it simply mutes my whole system ! i thought its for the jack port but its not and its for the whole system sound

Also when i connect my microphone to my laptop, instead of seeing it as a new input device in pavucontrol, it appears Headphone (Plugged In) in output devices tab

i would be happy to see if you have any solutions, or what outputs i need to include in this topic for my problem

Board footer