You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-23 00:01:29

jn3qf

[SOLVED] AUR packages not showing up in expected directories

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the react native development environment set up, and that requires downloading android studio.  As per the wiki, I enabled AUR, and followed the wiki down to the makepkg instruction in the directory.  My question is, where are these files installing to? From the PKGBUILD file, I see the line

install -d $pkgdir/{opt/$pkgname,usr/bin} 

I tried putting echo statements for the $pkgdir and $srcdir environment variables, and both are empty; therefore, I'd expect the package (based on this line) to be installed into /opt/android-studio and the relevant binaries to /usr/bin.  However, after running makepkg successfully (i.e. "source package created: android-studio"), if I go to /opt/, it is empty, and the android-studio binaries don't show up in /usr/bin either.  I tried installing other packages from AUR as well, such as jdk8 and nvm, and I notice the same thing (nothing showing up in /opt/ or /usr/bin corresponding to what I just installed).  Is there something I additionally need to configure or an error I'm making?

Any tips on further setting android studio are also appreciated.

Thanks for your time; I'm an Arch newbie, and have been loving the awesome community and operating system so far! smile

Last edited by jn3qf (2019-12-23 01:09:57)

#2 2019-12-23 00:03:58

Slithery
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] AUR packages not showing up in expected directories

Did you actually install the packages that you built with makepkg?

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2019-12-23 00:04:49

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Moving to AUR issues.

#4 2019-12-23 00:39:56

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

jn3qf wrote:

after running makepkg successfully (i.e. "source package created: android-studio"

Not only did you not install a built package, you didn't even build an installable package as you used the -S or --allsource flag, apparently.

EDIT: I suspect you may have used the -S rather than -s (or -si) flag(s).  Flags are case sensitive.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-12-23 00:41:48)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2019-12-23 01:09:46

jn3qf

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum.  Changing from -S to -s fixed it for me; I thought that -S would mean something similar to pacman -S (even after reading the makepkg -h page, go figure) so that was what I was using.  Thanks for the help!

Board footer