You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-23 22:48:29

rianquinn
Member
Registered: 2019-08-20
Posts: 7

PowerTop, TLP and nVidia GT 1650

I am using TLP on my XPS 15 7590 with Linux 5.5 rc2 (due to the Intel crashing issue). TLP works great except that is leaves the nVidia card as marked as "bad" in PowerTop, which causes the system to idle at about 35W. Once I flip it to "good", I get around 5W idle, with an estimated 9 hours of battery life. My understanding is that TLP is supposed to do this stuff for you automatically. Why does it ignore the nVidia card? Is there any way to force TLP to flip the nVidia card to "good" when I switch to battery?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Offline

#2 2019-12-23 23:47:17

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: PowerTop, TLP and nVidia GT 1650

TLP does ignore the nvidia card by default so that other things can handle this, usually either nouveau or bbswitch. You can reconfigure TLP to apply it to nvidia regardless, look at it's PM driver blacklist and adjust accordingly.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB