You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-24 05:15:50

combjelliesarecool
Member
Registered: 2019-05-26
Posts: 2

[Solved] New Install doesn't boot on refind using Intel microcode

Hello everyone, first and foremost I sincerely apologize for any formatting inconsistencies; I'm on my mobile phone.

Initial error message on boot

 Started vmlinuz-linux
Using load options 'root=PARTUUID=1978a43e-6a7c-ea42-b3d9-5992d40539f1 rw add_efi_memmap initrd=/boot/intel-ucode.img'
Failed to open file: boot\intel-ucode.img
Trying to load files to higher address
Failed to open file: boot\intel-ucode.img 

/boot/refind_linux.conf

 "Boot please" "root=PARTUUID=1978a43e-6a7c-ea42-b3d9-5992d40539f1 rw add_efi_memmap initrd=/boot/intel-ucode.img" 

blkid

 /dev/sda1: UUID=XX[Shouldn't matter]XX TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="1978a43e-6a7c-ea42-b3d9-5992d40539f1" 

lsblk

sda1   102.2G   /
sda2   1G   /boot
sda3   16G   [SWAP] 

System boots without the ucode argument but not with it. Let me know if there's any other logs/outputs I can get you, I appreciate your time and effort.

Last edited by combjelliesarecool (2019-12-24 05:42:52)

Offline

#2 2019-12-24 05:20:36

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: [Solved] New Install doesn't boot on refind using Intel microcode

If there's a partition at /boot, you're telling it that the initrd is at /boot/boot/intel-ucode.img

You're also short one initrd

Offline

#3 2019-12-24 05:41:33

combjelliesarecool
Member
Registered: 2019-05-26
Posts: 2

Re: [Solved] New Install doesn't boot on refind using Intel microcode

Scimmia wrote:

If there's a partition at /boot, you're telling it that the initrd is at /boot/boot/intel-ucode.img

There is a partition at /boot and removing /boot from both of my initrd arguments seems to clear up my error message and for that I thank you. I was operating under the assumption that the initrd location was meant to be relative to the root directory, not the root of the ESP.

I cleaned up my refind_linux.conf and I'm now booted up with microcode updates loaded successfully. You've cleared up my error in short order, I really appreciate you.

Last edited by combjelliesarecool (2019-12-24 05:43:44)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB