You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Every time I delete the the directory ( it works -- it is gone for about a second) some job places it back.
https://i.postimg.cc/zvScqVhV/2019-12-23-15-33-42.png
Any ideas ?
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. Isaac Asimov - / -
Offline
Offline
Stop using whatever Desktop environment it is that you are using.
I'm guessing KDE, Gnome or Cinnamon.
Last edited by ewaller (2019-12-23 21:04:47)
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
The screenshot says "i3", some filebrowsers might be prone to this (and run in the background)
Offline
i3 can be (and not uncommonly is) used within the major DEs as a replacement of their default WMs.
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
i3 can be (and not uncommonly is) used within KDE as a replacement of their default WMs.
ftfy
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … ow_manager
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ci … ow_manager
Offline
In all fairness, I missed that i3 is the WM; but it is not i3wm that is regenerating the directory.
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
Thanks for all the feedback. It appears to be nemo. When I kill nemo & delete the directory the directory does not appear again until I launch nemo.
Played with preferences & I don't see the trigger , strange...
I guess I have to live with it if I wan to use nemo ![]()
Any other thoughts ?
Thanks Again !
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. Isaac Asimov - / -
Offline
Some filemanagers also manage desktop icons and do that through the Desktop folder.
pcmanfm and nautilus are known to do that, seems nemo also does.
You could try disabling the "desktop icon management" functionality for nemo and see if that works better.
Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.
clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky
Offline
Offline
Pages: 1