You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-25 05:39:36

programzero
Member
Registered: 2019-08-16
Posts: 21

[SOLVED] Issue with Suspend and Hibernate on X1C gen 7

Hello,

I recently got a new Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7 and have been installing arch on it. There have been issues every step of the way, for instance the wifi driver did not work past 5.3.13 but I built linux-mainline (throught arch which contains a patch that undoes the one that broke it) and that seemed to be working. So, naturally, since this is a laptop I would like to be able to close the laptop and resume work without having to shutdown every time. However, whenever I do that (or even use systemctl suspend or hibernate) the screen just freezes and I am unable to do anything. If i am in the tty, when I hit Fn i can type and use the keyboard but absolutely nothing happens. When I am loaded in to the usb install disk, everything works just fine. The screen shuts off when I use systemctl suspend and and I can start it again with Fn and resume normal activity.

At the moment, I just turned off hibernate when I close the lid, and I will shutdown frequently when I am not in use. However, for obvious reasons (especially considering this is for a student laptop), this is not idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I know it can work, it just don't.

EDIT: Also I tried setting the kernal param intel_iommu to off.

Last edited by programzero (2019-12-25 19:23:15)

Offline

#2 2019-12-25 19:23:01

programzero
Member
Registered: 2019-08-16
Posts: 21

Re: [SOLVED] Issue with Suspend and Hibernate on X1C gen 7

So, I downgraded to kernel 5.2.21 and it is working now. It also fixed issues I was having with wifi.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB