You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-26 10:29:32

Vectorlocity
Member
Registered: 2018-04-15
Posts: 132

[SOLVED] HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges

I've tried updating my system with sudo pacman -Syu and when installing the linux-5.4.6 package it couldn't find servers and when it did the download speed was at max 25 KiB/s. I cancelled the update with Ctrl+C and now it's throwing the HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges error. Apparently another post on this forum said that I needed to remove the partially installed package but I can't find it. Any help?

Last edited by Vectorlocity (2019-12-26 12:19:05)

Offline

#2 2019-12-26 11:27:01

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: [SOLVED] HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges

This just sounds like your primary mirror is broken. Fix your mirrors, set up one close to your location, with a low delay and 100% completion

For the partially download you should look at: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … )%22_error

Offline

#3 2019-12-26 11:34:02

Vectorlocity
Member
Registered: 2018-04-15
Posts: 132

Re: [SOLVED] HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges

Thanks for the help!
I've removed the partially downloaded package, but with the mirrors, how do I "set up" one? I've already uncommented every single mirror address in pacman's mirrorlist file. I am in the UK for context.

EDIT: I found a .pacnew mirrorlist file that was generated 01/10/2019 and I removed my old 14/06/2019 mirrorlist file and renamed the new .pacnew mirrorlist file. I've then uncommented every single server in the new mirrorlist file.

Last edited by Vectorlocity (2019-12-26 11:42:53)

Offline

#4 2019-12-26 11:52:01

progandy
Member
Registered: 2012-05-17
Posts: 5,321

Re: [SOLVED] HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges

Do not enable all mirrors. Use the list and information V1del gave you and then only uncomment those.


| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |

Offline

#5 2019-12-26 12:08:29

Vectorlocity
Member
Registered: 2018-04-15
Posts: 132

Re: [SOLVED] HTTP Server doesn't seem to support byte ranges

Why not?
EDIT: I see why now. Since pacman goes down the mirrorlist from top to bottom and since the mirrorlist is in alphabetical order pacman is gonna start trying to download from Australia before Austria so it's gonna take ages. I've commented ever single mirror server that is outside of Europe (excluding Turkey, Georgia and Russia if you think it's in north Asia).

Last edited by Vectorlocity (2019-12-26 12:18:52)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB