You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've seen the thread on the xorg-proto issue and I have removed xorg-proto. I'm concerned as xorg-proto seems to be a dependency of libx11, which I deem to be an important package.
Is it safe to remove libx11?
Last edited by Vectorlocity (2019-12-26 13:59:49)
Offline
Is it safe to remove libx11?
Don't .
xorgproto has been added back as a dependency for libx11.
just run pacman -Syu and xorgproito will be present again.
Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.
clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky
Offline
Then why were the people in the closed xorgproto dependency issue thread removing xorg-proto? I thought the arch-announcement said it was safe?
Last edited by Vectorlocity (2019-12-26 13:27:07)
Offline
If you want the details, check
http://archlinux.2023198.n4.nabble.com/ … 24898.html and
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/64892 .
TL;DR:
the idea was that every package that needed the headers from xorgproto would depend directly on xorgproto instead of indirectly through libx11 .
This posed to much problems and the change was reverted.
Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2019-12-26 13:35:38)
Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.
clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky
Offline
Please edit your title. The currently title is meaningless.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ow_to_post
(edit: thanks, this is much better).
Last edited by Trilby (2019-12-26 14:01:50)
"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman
Offline
OK Trilby.
Lone_Wolf, sudo pacman -Syu did nothing so I just reinstalled xorg-proto manually.
Offline
You did not provide the command you used to remove xorg-proto.
If you removed it with dependency checking enabled then no package required it and the full system upgrade did not include any updates that required xorg-proto.
Offline
Pages: 1