You are not logged in.
Just installed AL on a new machine. I am using XFCE and apparently get can't the normal swap/switch between z and y to work.
Another thing is, I have to manually override the keyboard setting XFCE's options as it does not seem to recognize the system-wide setting for the keymap from etc/vconsole:
$ cat /etc/vconsole.conf
KEYMAP=de-latin1-nodeadkeys
FONT=ter-v18nDo I have to follow this? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xo … _setxkbmap
Last edited by jones (2019-12-29 00:53:41)
Offline
vconsole.conf is only for the console, not X11 - so yes, follow the link you posted (maybe preferably using an xorg.conf.d snippet) - unless xfce has a GUI/setting for this (and your session)
Offline
Thanks, didn't see the forest for the trees -> SOLVED
One note which is worth to mention: checking 'use system-wide settings' in XFCE's options for the keyboard is a "must" for me. All the other settings had 1-2 tiny wrong characters in combination with the "00-keyboard.conf"-file.
Last edited by jones (2019-12-29 00:53:55)
Offline