You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-28 22:46:17

rasoir0591
Member
Registered: 2019-12-24
Posts: 3

[Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

Hello again,
after my thread was closed because of using Anarachy linux I decided to try install pure Archlinux. So I made two partitions on my SSD, one 550MB for EFI (GRUB bootloader installed and mounted to

/mnt/efi

) and left space on second partiton.  I spend some hours trying to install it (totally noob in linux), now it's done have installed it and I choose XFCE for GUI.
In Thunar manager I have  three positions in media left panel "file system", "efi", "root directory file system". How to change it to see just "File system" - mean only SSD second partition? How to mount second HDD to have it in that panel?
I tried to

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /home/radek

- but it not showing there (it's mounted I can use it). Both partitions are ext4.

Thanks!

@edit
Again too fast, too much.

No one will be mad if I post too many threads?

Last edited by rasoir0591 (2019-12-29 13:08:18)

Offline

#2 2019-12-28 23:01:23

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: [Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

rasoir0591 wrote:

after my thread was closed because of using Anarachy linux I decided to try install pure Archlinux.

It's good that you now installed arch linux (at least if you want help here).  But the first half of this should have inspired you to actually read our code of conduct, specifically how to post.  This thread is still far off the mark in terms of productive use of these forums.

rasoir059 wrote:

I spend some hours trying to install it (totally noob in linux)

Then you really shouldn't be using arch linux.  Arch is targeted at experienced linux users.  If you persist, you will need to do a lot of independent research and thinking ... which frankly the rest of your post suggests you have not yet started.

rasior059 wrote:

I tried to

sudo /dev/sdb1 /home/radek

- but it not showing there (it's mounted can use it)

That's most certainly not the actual command used.  We can infer what it most likely was, but please take more care in constructing your posts.

rasior059 wrote:

When I was installing system I install GRUB on EFI partition via

arch-chroot /mnt

command, was it good?

What do you mean was it good?  Yes, you install a bootloader from within the chroot - this is clearly described in the installation guide.  But if you want a subjective opionion on whether that was a good thing to do ... well, no, I don't like GRUB.  There you go.

rasior059 wrote:

Anyone can help me to change font in XFCE panel, on network monitor applet?

Show that you've made some effort to help yourself first.  This is a simple easily searchable task.  Do not expect to be spoon fed here.

If you intend to continue with arch linux (at least within this community) please carefully read and absorb the content of both of the following pages before posting again:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=esr+smart+questions&ia=web

This all may sound abrupt ... well it is, but I'd not be saying anything at all if I did not intend to guide you to be more effective in seeking help here.  Right now, frankly, your approach is all wrong.

For some positive feedback ...

rasoir0591 wrote:

You see my english isn't well

On the contrary, your English is very good, especially if it is not your first language.  In this context "good" would be more appropriate than "well", e.g., "my English isn't good".  But all of your writing is easy to understand.  Any errors due to English being a second language are far less apparent than some net-speak and the oversight in pasting the command you used to mount the additional partition.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-12-28 23:24:27)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#3 2019-12-28 23:22:33

ewaller
Administrator
From: Pasadena, CA
Registered: 2009-07-13
Posts: 20,703

Re: [Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

rasoir0591,
One of the goals here is to provide people searching in the future a way to solve their issues themselves without having to start a new thread.   Can you please narrow the scope of this thread to a single question and change the thread title accordingly?  Other questions should have their own thread.   Thanks.


Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Offline

#4 2019-12-29 07:55:01

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,141

Re: [Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

Offline

#5 2019-12-29 13:07:41

rasoir0591
Member
Registered: 2019-12-24
Posts: 3

Re: [Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

Ok, tahnks a lot for all of You.
First installed gvfs (there was an info in Thunar Manager about needed package), then I add an entry in fstab to auto-mount HDD and x-gvfs-show option in it. After hiding other locations it looks like I exactly want. Now I'm gonna find something about backup.
I know ArchLinux isn't best choice for windowschild like me, installation wasn't easy, but everyone have to start somewhere.

Offline

#6 2019-12-29 13:45:19

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: [Solved] First linux, partition mounting, thunar manager.

rasoir0591 wrote:

I know ArchLinux isn't best choice for windowschild like me ...

As long as you continue accepting feedback and learning, you can be fine.  You did edit this thread and title well to make it much more constructive.  Keep that up.

And feel free to create threads for any issue are having - just be sure to spend some time exploring the wiki to try to solve the problems yourself first.  Then if you still need help, come to the forums with specific questions and describe all the steps you have tried.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB