You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-29 00:30:06

davicb
Member
Registered: 2019-11-01
Posts: 15

[SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

Hi
I was wondering if there was a way to list packages by installation date.

I am trying to find out what did I installed when I got the package 'hwinfo', it may be a dependency of another package or I could have installed it and do nor remember it.

This is a nice command

~]$ expac --timefmt='%Y-%m-%d %T' '%l\t%n'|sort -n | grep hwinfo
2019-12-28 15:22:45     hwinfo
~]$

It could show the first installation date unless there was an update, in this case it shows the last time updated.

My idea was to cross information with the bash history.

I found that I do not have any orphan packages too, so hwinfo is not an orphan.
I know hwinfo is a 'Hardware detection tool from openSUSE'.

I know it is not something I need to worry about. I am trying to track the precise moment I allowed this package to get in. It would be nice the ability to track with this precision.

Thanks

Last edited by davicb (2019-12-29 01:41:29)

Offline

#2 2019-12-29 00:32:58

CarbonChauvinist
Member
Registered: 2012-06-16
Posts: 413
Website

Re: [SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

Just grep or otherwise parse /var/log/pacman.log to find what you need is my recommendation.


"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

Offline

#3 2019-12-29 00:43:26

judd1
Member
Registered: 2015-09-04
Posts: 260

Re: [SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

stat /

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.
-- Wolfgang Pauli --

Offline

#4 2019-12-29 00:43:38

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,674
Website

Re: [SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

paclog --package=<package name> | head -1

Should give you what you want.


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Offline

#5 2019-12-29 00:44:45

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: [SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

Have you checked the installation reason in the output of `pacman -Qi hwinfo` to see if it was explicitly installed or not?

Offline

#6 2019-12-29 01:40:52

davicb
Member
Registered: 2019-11-01
Posts: 15

Re: [SOLVED] List packages by "FIRST" installation date

Thanks everyone

Nice commands.
The pacman -Qi hwinfo helped me the most. Wont forget that one.
I found 'hwinfo' came as dependenci of 'hw-probe' which i got from AUR.

Thanks

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB