You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-30 16:43:46

gatlinnewhouse
Member
Registered: 2017-11-30
Posts: 14
Website

[SOLVED] Strange issue with SSH and git-upload-pack

Okay, so this is a brand new issue that I keep trying to debug.

Every once in awhile I get a ton of gnome-ssh password prompts that appear on screen in order for the commands ssh git@github.com git-upload-pack /path/to/some/git/repo

The git repos are repos that are either installed via the AUR (maybe it's yay messing up?) or just submodules in my yadm

I tried looking at the process tree to see where they are originating from but they are supposedly just coming from my session (i.e. no master process to debug that I can see).

I set unset GIT_ASKPASS and unset SSH_ASKPASS in my .zshrc and .xinitrc

I even unset any setting in my global git config:

[core]
	compression = 9
	askpass = 

I have no idea what is causing it but I get so many prompts at once that they start reading

Could not grab keyboard. A malicious client may be eavesdropping on your session.

Here's the pstree:

systemd─┬─accounts-daemon───2*[{accounts-daemon}]
        ├─agent───2*[{agent}]
        ├─ssh───gnome-ssh-askpa───3*[{gnome-ssh-askpa}]

Last edited by gatlinnewhouse (2019-12-30 18:54:45)

Offline

#2 2019-12-30 18:15:04

gatlinnewhouse
Member
Registered: 2017-11-30
Posts: 14
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Strange issue with SSH and git-upload-pack

Okay. I did some config edits and I think I solved it... (gonna use my computer for a bit and see if anything happens)

What I did:

Edited my polybar module ~/.config/polybar/scripts/polybar-scripts/updates-arch-combined/updates-arch-combined.sh:

#!/bin/sh

if ! updates_arch=$(checkupdates 2> /dev/null | wc -l ); then
    updates_arch=0
fi

if ! updates_aur=$(yay --nodevel -Qum 2> /dev/null | wc -l); then
# if ! updates_aur=$(cower -u 2> /dev/null | wc -l); then
# if ! updates_aur=$(trizen -Su --aur --quiet | wc -l); then
# if ! updates_aur=$(pikaur -Qua 2> /dev/null | wc -l); then
# if ! updates_aur=$(rua upgrade --printonly 2> /dev/null | wc -l); then
    updates_aur=0
fi

updates=$(("$updates_arch" + "$updates_aur"))

if [ "$updates" -gt 0 ]; then
    echo "  $updates "
else
    echo "  $updates "
fi

I'll change the topic to resolved if this works

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB