You are not logged in.
I have arch installed on my laptop (msi gp62m) with nvidia (440.44) driver and bumblebee. After doing a full system update yesterday lightdm refused to start (it was showing blank screen) and didn't respond to any input (switching ttys, power button, etc.). I then reinstalled the xorg, xorg-server and xorg-xinit packages and it started working. But after rebooting the system lightdm again refused to start. Then i discovered that vdpau's and xorg shared libraries' files were empty (/usr/lib/vdpau.so.1.0.0, /usr/lib/xorg/modules/**/*, used "file" to check against every file, including /usr/bin/Xorg, /usr/bin/xinit...), After reinstalling all packages it started working again, but after 1 or 2 reboots it's all over. I also ran fsck to check for any possible filesystem issues but to no result.
UPD: i don't know what configs and logs to provide, I can't provide xorg logs because xorg literally does not exist at that moment, no custom configs to anything were made but installing nvidia-dkms & bumblebee
Last edited by wowmehoh (2019-12-30 19:22:04)
Offline
sounds like a dying disk.
Offline
sounds like a dying disk.
well, any other files besides xorg's are intact
Offline