You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-01 18:02:27

Tharbad
Member
Registered: 2016-02-27
Posts: 333

Nvidia vs Radeon on Arch

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a new GPU. Currently I use Nvidia GTX 670.
I searched a bit and found that AMD went opensource a few years back so Radeon should perform better on Linux.
But what I want to know is how does Radeon perform on Arch: With steam games? Any bugs (After each nvidia driver release I searched the bugs list and this forum before I upgrade)? Anything else you would like to say?
I'm thinking about 5700 RX.
I'm playing ARPG, strategy, turn based games and city building. Such as: Warhammer Martyr, BattleTech, endless legend (which currently doesn't run for me), Frostpunk, XCOM2 and Starcraft 2. If you had any problems with Radeon and those game please let me know.

Thanks

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB