You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-03 19:48:21

iop17

Wireless Keyboard/mouse "sleeps" too frequently, takes long to wake up

Hi there,

Recently, my wireless keyboard/mouse started showing this issue, in which if I do not use them for a few seconds (~5), they "go to sleep". When I try to use them again, it takes again a few seconds for them to become responsive. I suspect it is not a wrongly configured hibernation (how do I check?), given how long it takes to reconnect. I do not see anything on dmesg, so I do not think they are disconnecting.

I tried the mouse/keyboard in a different machine and they worked fine. I also replaced the batteries but the problem persists. I also tried another wireless mouse and the same problem happens.

I would appreciate suggestions on what to check.

Thanks

#2 2020-01-03 20:07:44

seth

Re: Wireless Keyboard/mouse "sleeps" too frequently, takes long to wake up

#3 2020-01-03 20:32:50

iop17

Thanks. None of the files mentioned there existed. I created a blacklist for the autosuspend and changed the idle delay time, but that made no difference.

Another problem I noticed is that if I disconnect the USB adaptor and reconnect it, sometimes the keyboard/mouse does not work (nothing shows up in dmesg)

#4 2020-01-03 21:22:47

seth

Those files are merely examples, please read the article and for sure don't create random udev rules!

Do you use any power management service (TLP, laptop-mode tools, maybe sth. provided by your DE like powerdevil etc.)?
What is "wireless keyboard/mouse" exactly? Standard bluetooth or the logitech unified receiver thingy (or actually some ancient IR device)?

#5 2020-01-03 22:20:13

iop17

seth wrote:

Those files are merely examples, please read the article and for sure don't create random udev rules!

I changed idVendor and idProduct, was there anything else?

seth wrote:

Do you use any power management service (TLP, laptop-mode tools, maybe sth. provided by your DE like powerdevil etc.)?

I had samsung-tools and pm-utils, but since I was not using them anymore, I removed them. After a reboot, the problem persists. I do not have TLP, laptop-mode-tools or powerdevil or any other power management services (that I recall installing, anyway). I use i3 as my WM, and I doubt it packs something.

seth wrote:

What is "wireless keyboard/mouse" exactly? Standard bluetooth or the logitech unified receiver thingy (or actually some ancient IR device)?

I have both a logitech unified receiver (connected to a mouse and keyboard), as well as a "standalone" mouse. I am not sure the technology it uses for connection, as googling the model number only says stuff like "2.4GHz RF". It is from around 2012.

Board footer