You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 07:09:00

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

[SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

How can I disable Arch startup countdown timer? Every time I boot my PC, a 10 second timer starts giving me two options:

     1. Arch Linux
     2. Reboot into firmware interface.

How can I remove or decrease this timer plese?

Last edited by light9876 (2020-01-07 08:38:31)

Offline

#2 2020-01-07 07:23:55

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

How do you boot Arch? Which bootloader do you use?

Offline

#3 2020-01-07 07:27:10

frank604
Member
From: BC, Canada
Registered: 2011-04-20
Posts: 1,219

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

To add upon d_fajardo's question, once you know which bootloader, a suggestion would be to go on the archwiki for that bootloader to edit the config to set a desired timeout period.

Offline

#4 2020-01-07 08:28:47

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

The bootloader is GRUB

I'm trying to follow instructions on this page:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GR … m_grub.cfg

But this file does not exist:

      /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Nor this file:

      /etc/default/grub

Last edited by light9876 (2020-01-07 08:33:34)

Offline

#5 2020-01-07 08:35:50

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

Did you run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg?

Last edited by d_fajardo (2020-01-07 08:37:23)

Offline

#6 2020-01-07 08:38:19

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

Thank you so much I found it here:

vim /boot/loader/loader.conf

     default  Arch
     timeout  10

Offline

#7 2020-01-07 08:50:24

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,404

Re: [SOLVED] Disable startup countdown timer

So you are not using GRUB but systemd-boot ...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB