You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 21:00:17

juru
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 1

Problems with fwsetup

I installed arch linux in a new laptop then I installed grub and ubuntu.
I am having some troubles trying to access a bios uefi.
My screen just freezes, a black screen with the  when I choose System setup on grub, or when I try to hit F2 when computer is starting.
What should I verify to try fix this problem?
I know I did not provide a lot of information, because I dont even know what kind of information should I provide.
please help me! =/

Offline

#2 2020-01-07 21:10:55

ewaller
Administrator
From: Pasadena, CA
Registered: 2009-07-13
Posts: 20,703

Re: Problems with fwsetup

You installed Ubuntu after Arch?  I bet it hosed your bootloader and installed it's own.

trying to access a bios uefi.

Um -- those acronymns are mutually exclusive. What are you trying to do, and do you use BIOS, or uEFI ?

Boot from your Arch Linux install media and fix the bootloader.   You may end up having to set up a chroot environment like you did when you installed Arch https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Chroot
It should also be possible to fix it from Ubuntu, but that is out of scope here.


Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB