You are not logged in.
Hi,
Messed up my fresh Arch installation by probably not adhering to the correct usage of pacman? I decided to do a clean installation again. Happy with my new installation. But still, is it wise to run sudo pacman -Syu on a frequent basis? At least before installing any new packages? As I think not doing this messed up my install in the first place... thx for your advice, regards, zachalexy
(ps: my other post about Discover... I now have a fully functional Featured from Discover - huh?)
Last edited by zachalexy (2020-01-11 17:47:33)
Offline
But still, is it wise to run sudo pacman -Syu on a frequent basis?
Yes, you can do that every day. Probably should do it at least once a month.
At least before installing any new packages?
After pacman -Syu, you can install packages from that database with pacman -S package as long as it is on the mirror. Do not do pacman -Sy package
Offline
Hi teckk, thx, work on my discipline ;-). thx, zachalexy
Offline