You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-13 18:56:33

gour

recover Flyspray passwd

Hello,

I was not using Arch for some time and now I'm back, wanted to suggest some improvement to the Bogofilter package, but it seems that I do no longer own domain which I used in my Flyspray profile since 'lost password' email does not arrive here, so wonder how to restore account (https://bugs.archlinux.org/user/2152), iow. who is to be contacted in regard?

#2 2020-01-14 00:04:12

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: recover Flyspray passwd

Scimmia could do that, but the problem is I'm not sure how we could verify you're the account holder. hmm

Maybe this could be verified via the listed Jabber ID? I've never used Jabber, nor has he...

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2020-01-14 06:27:50

gour

eschwartz wrote:

Scimmia could do that, but the problem is I'm not sure how we could verify you're the account holder. hmm

Well, you can check the dates when I registered at both places - it was quite some time ago with the last activity back in 2009. wink

Maybe this could be verified via the listed Jabber ID? I've never used Jabber, nor has he...

I also wonder if only Jabber ID is used in the profile or there is some email stored as well? In that case I could recover the domain which I used for the email.

I'm also not using Jabber for a long time, although have slight usage of XMPP for Tiki CMS chat.

Should I pm Scimmia in regard?

#4 2020-01-14 06:36:40

eschwartz
Fellow

gour wrote:

I also wonder if only Jabber ID is used in the profile or there is some email stored as well? In that case I could recover the domain which I used for the email.

Wait hmm, so are you saying you think you have access to the email domain for that account?

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2020-01-14 06:47:59

gour

eschwartz wrote:

Wait hmm, so are you saying you think you have access to the email domain for that account?

Nope, but I have an old email archive and can document having messages sent to me to that domain. :-)

Board footer