You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
After installing Arch, I managed to connect my Bluetooth mouse to the system and all was good. Then for no apparent reason Bluetooth is no longer working. After restarting my system I check the Bluetooth service.
$ systemctl status bluetoothbluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
Jan 16 21:24:37 ceres systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Bluetooth service being skipped.To get it up and running I have been following the Bluetooth Wiki and enabling the btusb Kernel module which doesn't seem to be loaded.
$ sudo modprobe btusb
$ sudo systemctl start bluetooth
$ sudo systemctl enable bluetooth
$ systemctl status bluetoothbluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-01-16 21:33:29 GMT; 12s ago
Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
Main PID: 2235 (bluetoothd)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 18535)
Memory: 1.9M
CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
└─2235 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
Jan 16 21:33:29 ceres systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Jan 16 21:33:29 ceres bluetoothd[2235]: Bluetooth daemon 5.52
Jan 16 21:33:29 ceres systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Jan 16 21:33:29 ceres bluetoothd[2235]: Starting SDP server
Jan 16 21:33:29 ceres bluetoothd[2235]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initializedNow I try and configure bluez via the bluetoothctl CLI.
$ sudo bluetoothctlAgent registered
[bluetooth]# devices
No default controller availableSo following the debugging instructions I see the following.
$ sudo systemctl stop bluetooth
$ sudo /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n -dbluetoothd[2928]: Bluetooth daemon 5.52
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() parsing /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “DiscoverableTimeout” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “AlwaysPairable” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “PairableTimeout” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “Privacy” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “Name” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “Class” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “DeviceID” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “ReverseServiceDiscovery” in group “General”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “Cache” in group “GATT”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “KeySize” in group “GATT”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key “ExchangeMTU” in group “GATT”
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:adapter_init() sending read version command
bluetoothd[2928]: Starting SDP server
bluetoothd[2928]: src/sdpd-service.c:register_device_id() Adding device id record for 0002:1d6b:0246:0534
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading builtin plugins
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading hostname plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading wiimote plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading autopair plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading policy plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading a2dp plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading avrcp plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading network plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading input plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading hog plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading gap plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading scanparam plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading deviceinfo plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading midi plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading battery plugin
bluetoothd[2928]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading plugins /usr/lib/bluetooth/plugins
bluetoothd[2928]: profiles/input/suspend-none.c:suspend_init()
bluetoothd[2928]: profiles/network/manager.c:read_config() Config options: Security=true
bluetoothd[2928]: plugins/hostname.c:read_dmi_fallback() chassis: desktop
bluetoothd[2928]: plugins/hostname.c:read_dmi_fallback() major: 0x01 minor: 0x01
bluetoothd[2928]: src/main.c:main() Entering main loop
bluetoothd[2928]: src/rfkill.c:rfkill_event() RFKILL event idx 0 type 1 op 0 soft 0 hard 0
bluetoothd[2928]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read supported commands command
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read index list command
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of commands: 65
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of events: 35
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() enabling kernel-side connection control
bluetoothd[2928]: src/adapter.c:read_index_list_complete() Number of controllers: 0
bluetoothd[2928]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() static hostname: ceres
bluetoothd[2928]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() pretty hostname:
bluetoothd[2928]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() chassis: desktopWhile debugging I use the bluetoothctl CLI again I get the following additional output in the debug window.
bluetoothd[2928]: src/agent.c:add_default_agent() Default agent set to :1.116 /org/bluez/agent
bluetoothd[2928]: src/agent.c:agent_ref() 0x55bc704444b0: ref=1
bluetoothd[2928]: src/agent.c:register_agent() agent :1.116But nothing more when issuing the "devices" command.
I am using bluez and bluez-utils. I did have blueman installed at one point but decided to remove that in order to troubleshoot bluez in isolation.
Are there some additional steps I can do to try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue? The odd thing is that it was working at one point.
Any help appreciated.
Offline
Pages: 1