You are not logged in.
Hi,
My HP Envy 13 laptop seems to have greatly improved its power consumption lately.
With a fresh Archlinux install in June 2018, I remember achieving a very low power consumption, around 400 mA (no applications launched - figure retrieved from TLP-stat). At that time, I followed the Archlinux tutorials regarding battery optimization and I chose to use tlp.
Now, at rest, my laptop seems not to be able to go under 700 mA of power consumption. When I launch a few apps (broswing, text edition, music), power consumption doubles.
Of course I installed a few apps that might run in the background such as a vpn or GSconnect but I am astonished by the difference of power consumption between now and before. It hampers my laptop use when I travel.
Would it be related to the most recent updates in the Linux kernel and Gnome Shell Interface? Or to battery obsolescence?
Do you guys have any advice in order to keep a power-efficient Arch system?
My config info:
Linux kernel 5.4.11-arch1-1 with Gnome 3.34.2
Laptop HP Envy 13 Ad106nf, Ram 8Go, proc Intel i5-8250U with embedded Intel Graphics 620.
Many thanks!
Offline
There was a power regression with Intel graphics since kernel 5.3.11. Should be resolved with 5.5.
--
saint_abroad
Offline