You are not logged in.
Hi! On my new laptop Acer Swift 3 314-57 with i5-1035G1 CPU screen turns to black for a second and then turns back on on some occasions. It happens:
in tty on startup, when the login prompt appears
in tty and x terminal after "lspci" command
in chrome when a video or a twitch stream buffers
in chrome when i recieve a notification
One of the last working kernel versions seems to be 5.4.6.1-1.
I can not find anything related to that in xorg logs, dmesg or journal.
It doesnt seem to have anything to do with x drivers, but i tried both modesetting and intel-video. I also tried disabling my i915 module, hardware acceleration and tlp. Both newer linux and linux-zen kernels have that problem.
I cannot seem to find anything related in kernel commits, but i honestly do not know what i should be looking for.
Can you please help me debug this problem? I do not know where should i look for clues about what is going on.
Thank you.
Last edited by neozumm (2020-01-17 14:06:20)
Offline
Does it look like https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=252215 ?
I can not find anything related to that in xorg logs, dmesg or journal.Please post them.
Also: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … flickering and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ba … leshooting
Offline
Thank you for helping me. In my case it doesnt flicker parts of the screen, it blinks as a whole simultaneously and for longer, so it doesnt look similar to OPs problem in the linked thread.
Both suggestions did not work.
My dmesg http://ix.io/27Aq, journal http://ix.io/27Ap.
Last edited by neozumm (2020-01-16 22:18:28)
Offline
You can try to add "i915.enable_ips=0 i915.enable_fbc=0 i915.enable_dc=0"
What specifically did you try with the backlight?
Offline
I only tried adding i915.enable_psr=0. Intel-gpu tools read in backlight article seems to fail.
Error: /usr/share/igt-gpu-tools/registers/gen8_interrupt.txt:1: ('GEN8_MASTER_IRQ', '0x00044200', '')
Error: /usr/share/igt-gpu-tools/registers/skylake:1: gen8_interrupt.txt
Error: /usr/share/igt-gpu-tools/registers/icelake:1: skylake
Warning: reading '/usr/share/igt-gpu-tools/registers/icelake' failed. Using builtin register spec.
BLC_PWM_PCH_CTL2 (0x000c8254): 0x00004b00 (freq 0, cycle 19200)Your suggestion also didnt seem to change anything.
Last edited by neozumm (2020-01-16 23:04:47)
Offline
But it seems like kernel 5.4.12-1 fixed the issue. Thank you for the help, marking as solved.
Offline