You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-18 18:11:22

detto

.wine directory on different partition

ok here we go 8)

ive formatted a partition for just games and otherr things i want to run with wine/cedega.
i created a directory "Wine" on this partition and did a "ln -s /to/Wine/ .wine"

But when launching wine with a .exe then or also calling winecfg, it gives me the following error

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\windows\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/detto', starting in the Windows directory.

so whats the best way i can achieve that all i do with wine (games,apps) and so on just stay on a diffren partition?

cheers,
detto

#2 2006-08-19 03:18:42

somairotevoli

Re: .wine directory on different partition

would changing your "drive_c" path in winecfg help?

#3 2006-08-19 15:18:57

detto

remove everything inside "/sepearte/partition/Wine" and completely removed ~/.wine.
then did a winecfg to first let it create .wine and then changed "drive c" and "drive z" in winecfg to "/sepearte/partition/Wine/c (and z)".
the wine configs are now in .wine and everything is should go into my other partition, but starting wine with an .exe give me the following error, using "wine 0.9.19-1"

Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/detto', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not load L"c:\windows\system32\SteamInstall.exe": Module not found

what am i missing? :? :cry:

#4 2006-08-23 16:41:17

detto

ok, just wanted to give an update: with latest version "wine 0.9.19-2" everything works as it should roll

cheers,
detto

#5 2006-08-23 16:48:28

kth5
Website

mount -o bind <other>/.wine ~/.wine ?

rm -rf ~/.wine && ln -s <other>/.wine ~/.wine ?

lol

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

#6 2006-08-26 15:32:36

detto

kth5 wrote:

mount -o bind <other>/.wine ~/.wine ?

rm -rf ~/.wine && ln -s <other>/.wine ~/.wine ?

lol

mhh, this didnt work. wanted to install wine with some apps/games on brothers pc too but gave me same error.
the only way it did function was to remove ~/.wine and install an app, so that some important files and dirs were created in newly created ~/.wine.
then cp whole wine dir on seperate partition and link to .wine again roll

cheers,
detto

Board footer