You are not logged in.
I run arch with i3 wm. When I started up arch today, before autostarting i3wm tty1said
[sudo] password for ******** :
the stars are my username obviously, which I have left out. Why is arch suddenly wanting my sudo password after logging in? any time I open a new terminal it is also asking for my sudo password. I used ctrl + c and it just cleared the message and let's me proceed as normal, but I don't understand why it's asking for my password.
Last edited by ErtyJr (2020-01-21 00:13:48)
Offline
Post your .bashrc
Offline
#
# ~/.bashrc
#
# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[[ $- != *i* ]] && return
export EDITOR=vim
export BROWSER=brave
alias ls='ls --color=auto'
alias ctc='copy.sh'
alias push='gitpush.sh'
alias sd='shutdown.sh'
alias update='update.sh'
alias upgrade='update.sh'
alias layout='layout.sh'
alias audio='pavucontrol'
alias video='arandr'
alias display='arandr'
alias servers='servers.sh'
alias server='servers.sh'
alias mirror='servers.sh'
alias mirrors='servers.sh'
alias screenshot='screenshot.sh'
alias profile='sudo vim ~/.bashrc'
alias alias='sudo vim ~/.bashrc'
alias dev='gatsby develop'
PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
export PATH=$PATH:~/.scripts/
export PATH="$PATH:`yarn global bin`"
parse_git_branch() {
git branch 2> /dev/null | sed -e '/^[^*]/d' -e 's/* \(.*\)/ (\1)/'
}
export PS1="\u@\h \[\033[32m\]\w\[\033[33m\]\$(parse_git_branch)\[\033[00m\] $ "Last edited by ErtyJr (2020-01-21 00:02:31)
Offline
alias alias='sudo vim ~/.bashrc'
There is your problem; you can't alias to a keyword (alias).
Also, please use code tags when pasting to the boards: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code
Offline
thanks, did not know that. And I knew about the code tags, I just forgot how they work as I'm used to using markdown files which use ``` for code. I was searching back through my old posts trying to figure out how to use the code tags.
Anyways, thanks for the help, will remove alias from my alias list.
EDIT: Removing my alias keyword did fix the problem.
Last edited by ErtyJr (2020-01-21 00:09:56)
Offline
Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.
Offline