You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-22 09:06:53

joanmanel
Member
Registered: 2012-11-06
Posts: 250

pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

When I execute "pacman -Syyu" I get stuff like:

pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronising package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from ger.mirror.pkgbuild.com : error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
 core                                                                                  135.1 KiB  2.49 MiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from ger.mirror.pkgbuild.com : error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
 extra                                                                                1644.7 KiB  3.89 MiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from ger.mirror.pkgbuild.com : error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
 community                                                                               4.8 MiB  3.64 MiB/s 00:01 [####################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

As you can see it does work but I get these errors all the time.

I removed a few of my mirrors in mirrorlist, and the error persists.

I also tried to update the mirrors with reflector, but all I got was "error: no mirrors found"

EDIT: I just tried to clone a repository from github and I get the same error:

git clone https://github.com/jekyll/minima.git
Cloning into 'minima'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/jekyll/minima.git/': error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number

Last edited by joanmanel (2020-01-22 13:40:54)

Offline

#2 2020-01-22 09:52:44

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op
From: The intertubes
Registered: 2004-11-07
Posts: 4,097

Re: pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

pacman -Q pacman  openssl


Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Offline

#3 2020-01-22 13:23:01

joanmanel
Member
Registered: 2012-11-06
Posts: 250

Re: pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

Mr.Elendig wrote:

pacman -Q pacman  openssl

pacman -Q pacman  openssl
pacman 5.2.1-4
openssl 1.1.1.d-2

Offline

#4 2020-01-22 13:35:06

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: The Wirral
Registered: 2014-02-20
Posts: 9,003
Website

Re: pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

joanmanel wrote:

I removed a few of my mirrors in mirrorlist, and the error persists.

You should probably post the active mirrors:

grep -v '^#\|^$' /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

See also https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

I take it you are connected otherwise? Is the system time correct?


Jin, Jîyan, Azadî

Offline

#5 2020-01-22 13:48:52

joanmanel
Member
Registered: 2012-11-06
Posts: 250

Re: pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

I have fixed it. When I was setting the https_proxy I set the address as https instead of http

Offline

#6 2020-01-22 14:12:53

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2012-01-15
Posts: 4,648

Re: pacman returns "routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number"

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB