You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-24 14:48:07

elkano

[Enlightenment]Wrong systray icons for electron apps

Due to some recent issues with my usual DE LXQT, I have come back to my old love Enlightenment. I have found it quite more stable and overall usable than it was when I left it.

However, I have one issue, quite small, that I would love to solve. I use 3 electron apps (Mailspring, Franz and Slack) which have tray icons. I have libappindicator installed, and any other dependencies required, and they actually work as intended - menu con click, etc. There is only one problem: they show up like:

tray.png

As you can see, they are using the default icon instead of the right one. The three electron apps are the only ones that behave like that.
Since these apps change their icon to indicate new mail or messages, I've come to rely on them to see if I have any new communications, so I would like them to show correctly.

Can any one give me some pointers? I've searched everywhere but I can't find any info about this anywhere.

#2 2021-04-23 21:35:33

dabicho

Re: [Enlightenment]Wrong systray icons for electron apps

Hello.
Did you by any chance fix that problem?
I have the same issue with other apps (fcitx ) but have not found a solution.
It started happening all of a sudden, at the same time pretty much all my apps lost its icons and I have been manually assigning them as I need it.

Board footer