You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-24 20:50:45

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

[SOLVED] Xorg window freezing issues

I am having window freezing issues. For example, while I am browsing in Firefox, the page stops scrolling or reacting to any keyboard or mouse clicks.

This happens in all other applications (other browsers, VLC) as well but not nautilus.

The window only gets updated when I do Alt+Tab Then after 2 secs, it stops responding again.

Any ideas please?

Last edited by light9876 (2020-01-27 09:56:11)

Offline

#2 2020-01-24 21:03:14

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,399

Re: [SOLVED] Xorg window freezing issues

Which graphics hardware and which driver? Are you sure you are in xorg and not wayland? If intel and xf86-video-intel remove it and any configuration of it.

Last edited by V1del (2020-01-24 21:04:08)

Online

#3 2020-01-25 16:51:49

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

Re: [SOLVED] Xorg window freezing issues

Thank you Videl.

I don't have a graphics card, and the processor is intel 6100U.

During installation of Arch I install everything in 3 batches:

pacstrap /mnt base \
base-devel \
linux \
linux-firmware \
mkinitcpio \
networkmanager \
grub \
efibootmgr \

pacstrap /mnt xorg-server \
xorg-twm \
xorg-apps \
xorg-drivers \
xterm \
alsa-utils \
pulseaudio \
pulseaudio-alsa \
volumeicon \
intel-ucode \
nm-connection-editor \
polkit-gnome \
xf86-input-libinput \
b43-fwcutter \
gnome-keyring \
mesa

pacstrap /mnt network-manager-applet \
xdg-user-dirs \
gvfs \
ttf-dejavu \
inetutils \
usbutils \
xfsprogs \
sysfsutils

I'm not sure if you mean either

intel-ucode

or

xf86-input-libinput

?

UPDATE:
I just discovered that the package you mentioned is installed xf86.video-intel; I removed it now. I will mark issue as solved if I don't see any problems.

Last edited by light9876 (2020-01-25 17:06:51)

Offline

#4 2020-01-27 09:56:41

light9876
Member
Registered: 2020-01-05
Posts: 142

Re: [SOLVED] Xorg window freezing issues

Removing xf86.video-intel solved the issue.

Thanks Videl!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB