You are not logged in.
Hello,
I recently encountered some strange font issues in Chromium that are causing me grief. I once saw something similar quite a while back but I'm not sure where to look here.
In this photo: https://paste.pics/2a62ebb3de7fd6ba97a2e8f180e7b569, fully updated arch, Chromium on the left displays the "AC Transit" (and similar) font as 24px, while Chrome (correctly) displays as 16px, yet to my eyes, in Chrom(ium) Dev Tools, they both seem to be based on: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/cdn. … min.css.gz
Both are font-family: arial, sans-serif.
I'm not seeing any differences related to fonts besides font-size.
Any ideas what could be happening to me here?
Thanks,
Chris
Last edited by chrisco23 (2020-01-30 09:05:06)
Offline
Double check that you aren't zoomed in or so and check your font settings in both.
Last edited by V1del (2020-01-29 12:54:01)
Offline
Thanks but def not zoom, and I can't find anything different other than font-size, and it doesn't happen on all fonts on all pages. I can't think of anything Arch-wise that would cause Chromium to interpret "font-family: arial, sans-serif" any differently than Chrome. I thought maybe there is some nuance with arch font packages or something I'm unaware of. Still stumped.
Offline
font is "inherit", size "100%" so this will relate to
a) your browsers default font/size config
b) the system DPI
The latter one could be spoiled if this is xwayland on a wayland session.
Offline
thanks for responding, and pardon my ignorance here, but could you point me in the right direction to search?
All things here are equal, except one browser is google-chrome-stable 79.0.3945.130, and the other is chromium 79.0.3945.130.
Again maybe this should be more a browser question, but I'm trying to learn what is underlying the mixup, and I strongly prefer to use Chromium and not have to use Chrome when not necessary...
Offline
There is a setting in the UI were you can specifiy font sizes, in doubt, try making a new user to ensure your home dir is fresh, start both browsers, navigate to that site. check if you still see the difference.
Offline
Ouch with glee! Thank you so much!
Somehow the chromium browser got set to font "Very large". No idea how. That's separate from "zoom".
Shoot, apologies for posting to Arch Newbies but wits end, and it looks like I'm solved now.
Thanks!
Chris
Offline