You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-29 17:22:54

kaosmagick
Member
From: Kathmandu, NP
Registered: 2020-01-29
Posts: 20
Website

No Internet after Install

I just finished installing the system

But the internet doesn't seem to be working
Both the ethernet card ((enp3s0f1) and the wifi card (wlp2s0) do turn on successfully

(I used ethernet as a connection during the installation)

My system lacks wifi-menu, networkmanager, dhcpcd
Was I supposed to install them separately during install ?

How can I connect to the internet ?


Having no destination.
I am never lost.

Offline

#2 2020-01-29 17:29:39

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: No Internet after Install

Did you read the installation guide?

Offline

#3 2020-01-29 17:33:10

kaosmagick
Member
From: Kathmandu, NP
Registered: 2020-01-29
Posts: 20
Website

Re: No Internet after Install

Zod wrote:

Did you read the installation guide?

Of course


Having no destination.
I am never lost.

Offline

#4 2020-01-29 17:43:17

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,668
Website

Re: No Internet after Install


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Offline

#5 2020-01-29 18:51:41

kaosmagick
Member
From: Kathmandu, NP
Registered: 2020-01-29
Posts: 20
Website

Re: No Internet after Install

Okay I clearly missed that part

But yes, the hostname and hosts , I've configured


Thankyou


Having no destination.
I am never lost.

Offline

#6 2020-01-29 19:03:21

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: No Internet after Install

Nobodies talking about hostnames, keep reading.

Offline

#7 2020-01-29 19:33:50

Techdox
Member
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2018-05-15
Posts: 11
Website

Re: No Internet after Install

As you can tell from the other community members, you have missed a big part during the install guide.

There was a change a bit back and now during the install, you only pull down the essential packages. Read around the pacstrap section.

All the best


Cloud Engineer | Kiwi | Coffee Lover | Did you read the manual?

Offline

#8 2020-01-30 05:15:27

kaosmagick
Member
From: Kathmandu, NP
Registered: 2020-01-29
Posts: 20
Website

Re: No Internet after Install

Techdox wrote:

As you can tell from the other community members, you have missed a big part during the install guide.

There was a change a bit back and now during the install, you only pull down the essential packages. Read around the pacstrap section.

All the best


I realised.
Thank you everyone.
Now I have functioning internet connection  big_smile


Having no destination.
I am never lost.

Offline

#9 2020-01-30 07:42:50

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,056

Re: No Internet after Install

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB