You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-31 12:10:07

XRovertoX

Cannot get rid of nautilus close button on bspwm

I'm using bspwm and I've tried everything I've been able to find on the internet, including the Arch Forums and Wiki, to eliminate the maximize, minimize and close buttons from nautilus (and other programs for what matters) but I wasn't able to achieve it.
The most frequent answer I found was this:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout ':'

I tried editing the values directly with dconf and later with dconf-editor. I also made an attempt at some basic debugging with dconf watch / and dbus-monitor.
From what I can tell, the value I'm looking for, which is simply ':' is being correctly written to the right place, I am able to read it and change it, as well as other nautilus specific configs. For example org.gnome.nautilus.preferences sidebar-width is updated every time I resize the sidebar.

As a last resort I tried modifying the theme (as stated here) I am using (Nordic), but after deleting the respective images from the assets folder and reading the code I am not even remotely sure what I need to do, or even if it is possible at all.

Please note I am deliberately not attaching anny log or command output as I am unsure what is of relevance and what is not

Any help or pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Board footer