You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-29 11:57:32

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Hey guys, I've been through this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … om_suspend and tried the steps in there but it is none of those things. My system still wakes up immediately following being suspended. Does anybody know what it could be?

Thanks.

Offline

#2 2020-01-29 12:49:56

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Parallel windows installation in hibernation?

Online

#3 2020-01-29 12:50:59

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

I haven't got Windows installed...

EDIT: Oh wait... I do in a VM which is paused... That would be causing it?

Last edited by goosestepping (2020-01-29 12:51:41)

Offline

#4 2020-01-29 12:53:37

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Nope, I shut down that VM and it still wakes up immediately...

Offline

#5 2020-01-29 14:10:02

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

No, Windows has to actually talk to the system ACPI in order to mess things up.

Boot into the multi-user.target, ensure there're no PM daemons (TLP, laptop-mode tools, powertop, …) and maybe shutdown the network (in case there's a spurious WOL package) - then try again and post the journal of that attempt (beginning w/ the system boot) if it still fails.

Online

#6 2020-01-29 14:18:36

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

I checked the journal, thanks for reminding me... It seems that NetworkManager is causing this...

NetworkManager[1166]: <info>  [1580307310.5771] manager: sleep: wake requested (sleeping: yes  enabled: yes)

Any idea what I can do?

Offline

#7 2020-01-29 14:22:09

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Actually I stopped NetworkManager.service and it still wakes up immediately... I will try the things you said. How do I boot into multi-user.target?

Offline

#8 2020-01-29 14:22:34

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

1st ensure that it's actually NM, because that's likely just a response to the overall wakeup…

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … _boot_into

Sidenote: please don't bump but edit your post unless somebody responded in the meantime.

Last edited by seth (2020-01-29 14:23:42)

Online

#9 2020-01-29 14:33:23

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Okay sorry, I'm used to IRC lol. I will give this a try...

Offline

#10 2020-01-29 16:34:34

firecat53
Member
From: Lake Stevens, WA, USA
Registered: 2007-05-14
Posts: 1,542
Website

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

The few times I've had this problem it's been a USB issue. Fixed by

echo EHC2 |sudo tee /proc/acpi/wakeup

You'll have to google why that works if it does...I don't remember!

Offline

#11 2020-01-29 17:41:56

merlock
Member
Registered: 2018-10-30
Posts: 262

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

firecat53 wrote:

The few times I've had this problem it's been a USB issue.

The one time I suffered from this, a discrete transistor on the little controller PCB inside my USB keyboard had gone bad.


Eenie meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak -- Bullwinkle J. Moose
It's a big club...and you ain't in it -- George Carlin
Registered Linux user #149839
perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); '

Offline

#12 2020-01-31 20:23:33

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

seth, the only PM daemon which I can see that is running is upower.service... I am going to boot into the multi-user.target now...

I haven't got any power management daemons running and I disabled and stopped NetworkManager.service and I was booted into multi-user.target and it still wakes up immediately from suspend. This is my journalctl of that boot. http://ix.io/28Po

Thanks.

Last edited by goosestepping (2020-01-31 20:44:07)

Offline

#13 2020-01-31 21:45:44

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

ideapad_laptop: Unknown event: 10

Google says that's the lid, ie. the lid switch might fire.
Check /proc/acpi/wakeup itr, try to disable that and (alternatively) also to unload the ideapad_laptop module.

Online

#14 2020-01-31 21:49:53

goosestepping
Member
Registered: 2019-09-25
Posts: 79

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

What do you mean check /proc/acpi/wakeup? Like cat /proc/acpi/wakeup? I've already disabled all of those and it makes no difference... The suspend actually works sometimes and then not other times. Usually it doesn't work and very rarely does it.

How do I unload the ideapad_laptop module?

Thank you...

Offline

#15 2020-02-01 10:04:31

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: My system wakes up immediately from suspend...

Did you really check their status after you "disabled all"? Notably this is transitional and will under no circumstances survive a reboot.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_module - if you can't unload it because too much depends on it, use the /bin/true blacklisting approach. Ensure to have some live distro around, in the rare case that this could break your keyboard.

Online

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB