You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-30 18:36:22

tlillenuit

[SOLVED] Xdg mailto stuck at using Thunderbird

Hi,

I am trying to set up KMail as my default mail handler for my Plasma DE. Whatever I do, the system keeps sticking to Thunderbird as to handle e-mail links. KMail is set up as a default application for handling mail in KDE Sytem Settings. There is no mention of Thunderbird anywhere I looked. I also tried this and it doesn't do anything:

xdg-mime default org.kde.kmail2.desktop x-scheme-handler/mailtoto execute ' ' 
xdg-mime default org.kde.kmail2.desktop "x-scheme-handler/mailto"

xdg-email mailto:foo@bar.com keep returning "KIO Client: could not find the program '/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird'" and "KIO Client: Could not find any application or handler for mailto:foo@bar.com"

.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list and .local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache are both empty.

/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache is set up to x-scheme-handler to KMail and there is no mention of Thunderbird therein.

x-scheme-handler/mailto=org.kde.kmail2.desktop;
application/x-mimearchive=kmail_view.desktop;
message/rfc822=kmail_view.desktop;

xdg-mime query default "x-scheme-handler/mailto" returns

userapp-Thunderbird-KD4PZZ.desktop

I tried grepping recursively for "userapp-Thunderbird-KD4PZZ.desktop" but no mentions of it anywhere.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by tlillenuit (2020-02-04 13:42:22)

#2 2020-01-30 22:13:49

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Xdg mailto stuck at using Thunderbird

#3 2020-02-02 15:36:23

tlillenuit

Re: [SOLVED] Xdg mailto stuck at using Thunderbird

Thanks! This seems to have sorted the problem since Thunderbird doesn't pop up anymore. My ~/.config/mimeapps.list had almost 7 billion Thunderbird entries within. Interesting that grep didn't find either. Now sort of ran into different kind of issue.

Now, xdg-mime query default "x-scheme-handler/mailto" points to "org.kde.kmail2.desktop" as I wanted it to. But, while issuing "xdg-email mailto:foo@bar, KMail kind of begins loading, and then it fails. I am only getting this:

Warning: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO is deprecated. Instead use:
   QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to enable platform plugin controlled per-screen factors.
   QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS to set per-screen DPI.
   QT_SCALE_FACTOR to set the application global scale factor.
~ [ Warning: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO is deprecated. Instead use:                                                                ] 3:33 
   QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to enable platform plugin controlled per-screen factors.
   QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS to set per-screen DPI.
   QT_SCALE_FACTOR to set the application global scale factor.
QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "h"
Release of profile requested but WebEnginePage still not deleted. Expect troubles !
org.kde.pim.templateparser: Impossible to get value

Board footer