You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-26 19:55:04

gewaaid
Member
Registered: 2019-08-28
Posts: 6

Posgresql update problems

Hello,

An update brought me form postgresql 11 to 12. No clue how to downgrade or to what version. And just like Wolfram I only use geodata with a postgis extension. I did what the wiki told but I stranded with this:
-------
$ pg_upgrade -b /opt/pgsql-11/bin -B /usr/bin -d /var/lib/postgres/olddata -D /var/lib/postgres/data -c
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                  ok
Checking database connection settings                       ok
Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
Checking for reg* data types in user tables                 ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
Checking for tables WITH OIDS                               ok
Checking for invalid "sql_identifier" user columns          ok
Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal

Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
    loadable_libraries.txt

Failure, exiting
------
Any help would be very welcome.

Offline

#2 2019-11-26 20:32:41

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: Posgresql update problems

Did you read that output ... at all?  What's in loadable_libraries.txt?

Please post it's contents in code tags (while you're at it you could edit your first post to add code tags around commands/output.


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#3 2019-11-28 01:45:41

mchoji
Member
Registered: 2019-11-25
Posts: 4

Re: Posgresql update problems

Have you put postgres related packages into the IgnorePkg list as described in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … PostgreSQL and are now trying to do a manual upgrade?
What is the output from pacman -Qs postgres?

Last edited by mchoji (2019-11-28 01:46:44)

Offline

#4 2020-01-26 15:25:52

gewaaid
Member
Registered: 2019-08-28
Posts: 6

Re: Posgresql update problems

This the output of pacman -Qs postgres

myname@arch ~]$ pacman -Qs postgres
local/pgadmin4 4.13-2
    Comprehensive design and management interface for PostgreSQL
local/postgis 2.5.3-2
    Adds support for geographic objects to PostgreSQL
local/postgresql 12.1-1
    Sophisticated object-relational DBMS
local/postgresql-libs 12.1-1
    Libraries for use with PostgreSQL
local/postgresql-old-upgrade 11.6-1
    PostgreSQL build for migrating between major versions with pg_upgrade
local/python-psycopg2 2.8.4-4
    A PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language.

Last edited by gewaaid (2020-01-26 22:10:01)

Offline

#5 2020-01-26 15:29:20

gewaaid
Member
Registered: 2019-08-28
Posts: 6

Re: Posgresql update problems

the file "loadable_libraries.txt" sums up some tables and this:
could not load library "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.5": ERROR:  incompatible library "/usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so": version mismatch
DETAIL:  Server is version 12, library is version 11.

Offline

#6 2020-01-26 17:28:25

twelveeighty
Member
Registered: 2011-09-04
Posts: 1,456

Re: Posgresql update problems

What package owns /usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so? It doesn't appear to be from the current [community] postgis package. Did you do a partial update?

When posting output, use code tags, as you've been asked before and edit your original post to put code tags there as well. Post the output of pacman -Qo /usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so.

Offline

#7 2020-01-26 22:20:35

gewaaid
Member
Registered: 2019-08-28
Posts: 6

Re: Posgresql update problems

I hope I am using the right code tags now. I did a full system update with [myname@arch ~]$ sudo  pacman -Syu. See my comments above.

[myname@arch ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so.
error: No package owns /usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so.

Offline

#8 2020-01-26 23:46:11

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,089

Re: Posgresql update problems

gewaaid wrote:

I hope I am using the right code tags now.

No see https://bbs.archlinux.org/help.php#bbcode which is linked below the post box.

Offline

#9 2020-01-27 00:26:22

twelveeighty
Member
Registered: 2011-09-04
Posts: 1,456

Re: Posgresql update problems

gewaaid wrote:

error: No package owns /usr/lib/postgresql/rtpostgis-2.5.so.

I think you are seeing what people reported back in Nov '19 in https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/64606, but that bug was fixed and closed with postgis 3.0.0-1 (now at 3.0.0-2). It has either regressed from 3.0.0-1 to 3.0.0-2, or something else is going on. I don't run postgis, and it's not obvious from the PKGBUILD exactly what installs (or generates?) rtpostgis-* but it's odd that pacman reports no ownership for that file. You installed postgis, postgresql and postgresql-old-upgrade all from the Arch repos?

Offline

#10 2020-02-02 14:18:43

gewaaid
Member
Registered: 2019-08-28
Posts: 6

Re: Posgresql update problems

I cant really remember, I installed postgress from the Arch repos, I installed some extension form PGadmin.

Offline

#11 2020-02-02 17:07:26

twelveeighty
Member
Registered: 2011-09-04
Posts: 1,456

Re: Posgresql update problems

Check with pacman and/or your pacman log. If postgis wasn't installed from the repos, then find a way to uninstall it cleanly and then install from [community].

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB