You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-03 09:22:30

GeorgeJP
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2020-01-28
Posts: 190

[SOLVED] Kernel updates?

Arch is known for fast kernel update adoption.
Does anybody know, why new kernels (since 5.4.15) are available in 'Testing' repository only?
I can't find any official info.

Last edited by GeorgeJP (2020-02-03 09:53:45)

Offline

#2 2020-02-03 09:34:51

nl6720
The Evil Wiki Admin
Registered: 2016-07-02
Posts: 718

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel updates?

Offline

#3 2020-02-03 09:47:39

GeorgeJP
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2020-01-28
Posts: 190

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel updates?

OK, I understand.
There were kernels 5.4.16, 5.5 and 5.5.1 in Testing repository.
I am just curious, if there are some problems in new kernel as I did not find any bug report.

Offline

#4 2020-02-03 10:08:17

nl6720
The Evil Wiki Admin
Registered: 2016-07-02
Posts: 718

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel updates?

I see one bug report about Linux 5.5, but I doubt that's the reason it's being hold up. Only the developer who maintains the package knows the reason.
The reasons why packages are not getting updated are rarely disclosed, the questions are usually hand-waved away with "it's done when it's done" or similar. That mostly stems from the fact that there is no obligation to disclose it and it's believed, that most of the time, the issue is simply a lack of time.

Offline

#5 2020-02-03 16:41:46

GeorgeJP
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2020-01-28
Posts: 190

Re: [SOLVED] Kernel updates?

Kernel 5.5.1 just arrived to Core repo

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB