You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-05 14:46:48

ykonstant
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 21

Severe lag on battery mode after last update

Dear all,

I just did a system update on my Acer Aspire laptop, upgrading the kernel (5.4.8 -> 5.5.2), linux-firmware and tlp.  After the update, when the laptop is on battery mode the system is extremely unresponsive (each command takes a second to execute, and X took 15 seconds to start).  The moment I plug in the adapter, the system stops being unresponsive and resumes its normal speed. Even as I type this, when I unplug the adapter the system lags, and then resumes after plugging it back in.

Please help, I do not know how to troubleshoot the issue; most likely it has to do with the latest linux-firmware package.

Offline

#2 2020-02-05 15:56:47

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: Severe lag on battery mode after last update

Offline

#3 2020-02-05 16:04:25

ykonstant
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 21

Re: Severe lag on battery mode after last update


I have enabled the tlp service; I am not sure what you are asking me to do with this link.

Offline

#4 2020-02-05 16:48:11

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: Severe lag on battery mode after last update

ykonstant wrote:

I am not sure what you are asking me to do with this link

I'm asking you to read it, understand what it is and how an update to it might cause the behavior you are seeing.

Offline

#5 2020-02-05 16:57:01

ykonstant
Member
Registered: 2020-01-07
Posts: 21

Re: Severe lag on battery mode after last update

Zod wrote:
ykonstant wrote:

I am not sure what you are asking me to do with this link

I'm asking you to read it, understand what it is and how an update to it might cause the behavior you are seeing.

I do not understand from that page, how an update to it might cause this behavior.  Can you give me a more specific section?  There is nothing about this lag in the troubleshooting section, for example.  In any case, even with tlp uninstalled, this lag persists. 

Edit: what I said seems wrong; after I rebooted the machine twice without tlp, it seems that the lag is gone.  So tlp may be the cause.  Please help me understand how.

Last edited by ykonstant (2020-02-05 17:07:21)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB