You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi all,
I'm trying to rescue an Arch partition that was erased from the partition table by Windows 10 (grrrr). I boot on my laptop (XPS 9360) from an Arch USB (not a live USB, an actual Arch install).
I ran testdisk, and it found my Arch partition but apparently can't resue it ("The following partition can't be recovered"). It gives me however the start and end sectors of the partition, so I can tried putting that into parted rescue and I get this:
[tan@archusb ~]$ sudo parted /dev/nvme0n1 rescue
[sudo] password for tan:
Start? 813695846
End? 2699257288
searching for file systems... 96% (time left 00:00)Information: You may need to update /etc/fstab.So it searches the filesystem (which takes seconds) then outputs 'Information: You may need to update /etc/fstab' and immediately quits. I have never used parted rescue but I assume that's not a normal behaviour.
So my questions are:
- Did parted rescue just crash?
- How can I try to fix this?
- Do I have any other option to save my partition?
Thank you for your help
Offline
Pages: 1