You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-06 12:45:06

likujyht
Member
Registered: 2020-02-06
Posts: 1

New install freezes at 'Reached Target Graphical Interface'

Hi everyone, my first install seemed to go fine, and then I wanted to install Gnome. I ran pacman -S xorg xorg-server, then pacman -S gnome. After that I ran systemctl enable gdm.service and rebooted. It now freezes every time at 'Reached Target Graphical Interface'. I can TTY, but gnome is having none of it. The only documentation I found mentioned nvidia, which I hadn't yet installed. However, I did install nvidia to see if it would change anything, and blacklisted nouveau & added  vidia-drm.modeset=1. Nothing has changed and boot is still getting stuck at the same place. Anyone got any advice?

Offline

#2 2020-02-06 12:58:03

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,397

Re: New install freezes at 'Reached Target Graphical Interface'

Welcome to the boards

Does pressing buttons help resp. can you switch TTY and switch back to GDM properly ? FWIW if you did indeed switch to nvidia you might want to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GD … rg_backend explicitly. When you are stuck and able to switch to a TTY regardless you might want to post a

sudo journalctl -b

via a pastebin client: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … in_clients

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB