You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-06 10:11:27

slothmans
Member
Registered: 2020-02-06
Posts: 2

[Solved] Audio device keeps being (re-)recognized every 1-2 seconds

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue where I have an audio device that seems to be recognized about once every one or two seconds. Specifically, it's a device called "built-in audio digital stereo (IEC958), which I don't even need. Audio works just fine over HDMI output through my video card. However, if I do set IEC958 as my default device*, I get a recurring GUI pop-up as if I had just switched to the device. More importantly, journalctl -f is spammed with the following message, even when IEC958 is not set as the default:

"plasmashell[980]: org.kde.plasma.pulseaudio: No object for name "alsa_output.pci-0000_01_00.1.hdmi-stereo.monitor".

When I go to the device list in the audio settings GUI in KDE, I can even see that the list seems to 'refresh' frequently, and the device in question drops out during those refreshes. In the "Advanced" tab, when I disable the profile for the built-in audio, it simply comes back.

I can't find anything referring to this issue on either the wiki or even Google. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or at least diagnose it further?

*Another issue that may or may not be related is that IEC958 sometimes becomes the default device after waking up from suspend. I'm assuming that's the case because the monitor (i.e. the output device) comes on a bit more slowly and thus isn't available as an output device immediately. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by slothmans (2020-02-06 13:30:50)

Offline

#2 2020-02-06 12:31:47

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,397

Re: [Solved] Audio device keeps being (re-)recognized every 1-2 seconds

Spurious jack/port detection events on buggy hardware can lead to this, edit your /etc/pulse/default.pa and find and remove/comment the line

load-module module-switch-on-port-available

to make pulse not react to those. Restart pulse

systemctl --user restart pulseaudio

Offline

#3 2020-02-06 13:32:00

slothmans
Member
Registered: 2020-02-06
Posts: 2

Re: [Solved] Audio device keeps being (re-)recognized every 1-2 seconds

That removed the annoying device. Thanks a bunch!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB