You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-05 16:19:49

ratcheer

[Solved] How do I save custom settings in pulseeffects?

I have a custom equalizer curve for my specific headphones, and I created that curve as nearly as I could in the pulseeffects equalizer subapplication. It sounded great. Then, I clicked on the Presets button at the top right, gave a name matching my headphones model, added it, and clicked the button that says "Save current settings to this presets file". This all seemed pretty straightforward.

So, to test it, I closed pulseeffects, reopened it, and clicked on the Presets button, then clicked on my named preset, and clicked on the Apply button. But all the equalizer settings remain flat. Did I do this wrong, or is it a bug?

I have looked at the pulseeffects "wiki" on GitHub and will continue looking, but so far, I haven't found anything. I should probably ask this in their "Issues", but I thought  someone here might know.

Last edited by ratcheer (2020-02-06 15:13:53)

#2 2020-02-05 17:31:19

ratcheer

Re: [Solved] How do I save custom settings in pulseeffects?

Ok, I have posted this as a pulseeffects issue on GitHub.

#3 2020-02-06 01:31:37

ratcheer

I have worked with the pulseeffects developer all afternoon. He has been very helpful. But, nothing worked until I created a new user and ran pulseeffects under the new user. Then, saving and restoring custom settings worked, perfectly.

So, the developer says that something is wrong with my real userid in that gsettings cannot update the SCHEMA KEY values for pulseeffects. We tested this in several ways, using both dconf-editor and gsettings.

I thanked him for his time and trouble, and I tried to determine how to fix my gsettings problem. I found this in the Arch Wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … onf-editor . I followed the recommendation there to delete ~/.config/dconf/user* . Unfortunately, it did not resolve the problem.

Now, I need help with gsettings. Should I start a new thread, or continue this one?

#4 2020-02-06 15:17:57

ratcheer

The problem is solved. A few years ago, I had changed the location of XDG_CONFIG_HOME. It seems that all applications I use were ok with it until pulseeffects. I have reconfigured XDG_CONFIG_HOME to ~/.config, so now pulseeffects saves and restores its settings, correctly.

Board footer