You are not logged in.
I have a new arch install with a window manager set up.
The time thats displayed is incorrect.
Upon running
sudo timedatectl
or
sudo hostnamectl
I get the error:
Failed to query system properties: The name org.freedesktop.timedate1/hostname1(respectively) was not provided by any .service files
When I run
timedatectl status
I get the error
Failed to query server: The name org.freedesktop.hostname1 was not provided by any .service files
I enabled systemd-timesyncd. It created the links.
When I run
systemctl start systemd-timesyncd
It gives me an error and Failed to start Network Time Synchronization,
Any advise on how I can go about fixing this?
UPDATE:
I cant seem to start any of the services that control things like timedate, resolve, hostname, etc.
I have been looking for causes and ways to debug, can someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers ![]()
Last edited by nik92 (2020-02-07 05:12:08)
Offline
I have a new arch install with a window manager set up.
How exactly? If the answer is "xinitrc", did you see the second note in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinit#xinitrc ?
Output of
echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
stat $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS?
Offline
Is your DBUS session hosed? How do you log in and where do you log in and if you do use X how do you start it? Post a journal of your current boot
systemctl status dbus
sudo journalctl -bLast edited by V1del (2020-02-07 09:12:28)
Offline