You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-07 23:15:20

likemike
Member
Registered: 2019-12-29
Posts: 54

[SOLVED]Problem running AppImage "command not found"

Hello,

I wrote a simple script that included:

sudo ./balenaEtcher-1.5.76-x64.AppImage

and after running it I get

[likemike@Thinkpad-X220 ~/Documents]$ sudo: ./balenaEtcher-1.5.76-x64.AppImage: command not found

When I first tried this I got this error and then it inexplicably worked when I tried it later and now it's not working again. I have tried rebooting as well as entering the command in the script manually.

Thanks,
-likemike

Last edited by likemike (2020-02-08 08:19:20)

Offline

#2 2020-02-07 23:45:08

Roken
Member
From: South Wales, UK
Registered: 2012-01-16
Posts: 1,366

Re: [SOLVED]Problem running AppImage "command not found"

I don't use AppImage files, but have you tried just installing etcher from AUR?

I mean to say, is there a reason you are trying to use an AppImage rather than a native install?

Last edited by Roken (2020-02-07 23:46:46)


Ryzen 5900X 12 core/24 thread - RTX 3090 FE 24 Gb, Asus B550-F Gaming MB, 128Gb Corsair DDR4, Fractal Design Define 7 XL, 5 HD (2 NvME PCI, 4SSD) + 1 x optical.
Linux user #545703

/ is the root of all problems.

Offline

#3 2020-02-08 08:17:49

likemike
Member
Registered: 2019-12-29
Posts: 54

Re: [SOLVED]Problem running AppImage "command not found"

Roken wrote:

I don't use AppImage files, but have you tried just installing etcher from AUR?

I mean to say, is there a reason you are trying to use an AppImage rather than a native install?

I didn't know it was in the AUR. Got it installed thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB